Wednesday, May 20, 2009

week 1, day 2: 51 total push ups

51 Total Pushups! Yeah!

OK, my arms are still JELL-O even though it's been at least an hour since I did my 51 pushups!

One more day of week 1 completed and one more day no yard work will get done. My arms have been sore all day, but I can't be sure if it's from the pushups on Monday, or if it's from the it-felt-like-a-million-loads of dirt that I shoveled into a wheelbarrow and pushed up the hill in my backyard to fill in and cover the stone on the side of my new garage. That was on Tuesday and today is Wednesday.

Today's routine consisted of another 5 sets of pushups. This time with a 90 second break allowed inbetween instead of the 60 second break on day 1. It actually says "longer if required" but to me, that could be taken advantage of and I could do plenty of pushups if I wait an hour between each set I'm sure. So I'm trying to follow closely.

The sets for day 2 looked like this:
  1. 10
  2. 12
  3. 8
  4. 8
  5. as many as possible with a minimum of 12
That is 50 pushups and I pushed it to 51 total!

Only 5 additional pushups compared to day 1, but today had a bit different level of difficulty as my 3 year old and 1 year old both wanted to do pushups with Daddy. They also felt it necessary to climb around me (and under a few times!) during each set. Yeah, it was fun.

So, another day completed and I even managed to squeak in an extra pushup on that last set. I think that will be my strategy. On Monday I thought I was going to fall and break something during the last set. Today I kinda felt like since I was already hurting on that last one--what's one more? Maybe on Friday I can double that extra one and make it two more, and so on throughout this challenge.

I am not looking ahead at any of the days, weeks, or numbers. I am just working with the mentality that I can do this!

I feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment